I was reading about my last article in Ludogogy and I have found some information on how to create the best gaming experience in this article.
Extract from the article
According to David Perkins (a professor of Teaching & Learning at Harvard Graduate school of Education) for a learning experience to be effective & objective, we should apply some points within it:
- Learners must be deeply engaged with the subject matter
- Learners must undertake intellectual challenges
- Learners should have a room to take learning risks
- Learners must face a margin of failure
- Learners must have the ability to fail & bounce back
- Learners’ sense of curiosity must be increased
different mechanics that make up for a full learning experience:
- Epic meaning
- Identity play
- Progression system
A story is a motherlode of mechanics that are all inter-related. There is no single mechanic that is developed separately from another in a story (if built righteously), since they are all interconnected and any change in one will have an impact on all others.